Saturday, June 18, 2011

More on the 'web'

I sat through a video called 'The Web that wasn't' and would not have called it fascinating. I kept waiting for something interesting to happen but it didn't. From Ted Nelson on was a bit better. Then I listened to and watched Clay Shirky speak about the impact of the interactivity of web 2 as against the passive inactivity of media......; the wasted intellectual hours watching TV when production and sharing could have been done (as against consuming). Just imagine what could have been accomplished if TV had not happened!!!.....I certainly could have painted a way lot more paintings. I can't wait for the non-rating season when there's nothing on to watch.

Clay Shirky, 2008.
Here Comes Everybody -Web 2.0 Lecture, Web 2.0 Expo SF
Alex Wright , 2008."The Web that Wasn't" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72nfrhXroo8

No comments:

Post a Comment