Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First post

Well, here we are. Web 101.
I found it fascinating to learn about the origin of the internet and www. Thinking about the way it works and the speed with which information can travel across the world is mind boggling.


I was amazed at the huge number of online places in list given on nameck.com. I am already using some of the familiar ones, like Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, but others I had never heard of. On checking my usernames I have found a couple which I could use in this coarse. I visited some of the sites and I must admit I can't see the point in most of them anyway. But it did reinforce to me that I need to register my domain name ASAP so I don’t lose the one I want.


I am looking forward to a clearer idea of how it all works and what I can do with it.

I invite you all to follow my blog, and look forward to chatting with you.


Ingrid

2 comments:

  1. Your blog looks great! love the colours. Best of luck for this unit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shannon. Best of luck to you too.

    ReplyDelete